Chameleon Surveys enable you to collect in-product feedback from your users, without requiring any additional coding or engineering time -- you can create on-brand surveys, with custom questions, triggered at the right time to your target audience.
The different components of a Survey
Surveys can include up to three different steps:
- Survey step: question with button response.
- Comments step (optional): step where a user can leave free-form text feedback; the question and placeholder text can be altered based on which button user clicked in the Survey step.
- Thank you step (optional): thank you message that displays briefly.
You can easily add these steps from the sidebar or the topbar when editing your Survey.
How to create a survey
To create a Survey, you need to access the Surveys product from the Chameleon Builder (the star icon), where you'll see your list of existing surveys and also the option to add a New survey. Upon clicking that, you'll be presented with the Survey types that you can choose.
After clicking the Surveys icon, you'll see your list of existing surveys and also the option to add a 'New survey'. Upon clicking that, you'll be presented with the Survey 'Types' that you can choose.
Once you select your type, you'll be taken into the first Survey step, where you can customize your copy, feedback component and design.
The default design for the Survey will use the Account Styling that you have (and you can adjust this by clicking the Styling icon (paintbrush) at the bottom of the Chameleon Builder navigation bar.
We offer a defined set of Survey types:
- Net Promoter Score (NPS): with 0-10 feedback.
- Customer Effort Score (CES): with options of emojis, 1-5 or Easy-Difficult choices
- Customer Satisfaction (CSAT): with options of Very Dissatisfied to Very Satisfied choices
- Two-option, Three-option, Four-option and Five-option: ability to customize two buttons and trigger independent actions (e.g. load a page, update data, start tour etc.) with each button
- Input: ask a question and collect text responses
Each of these Survey types offers different customization options (e.g. a CES survey has a choice of emojis, numbers, text, etc.) and reporting (e.g. an NPS survey requires a different analysis than a CSAT).
Data and Insights
User responses to Surveys along with analytics around the display and completion of Surveys will automatically be collected and available in the Chameleon dashboard, via API, via CSV download, and also directly to analytics integrations, incl. Slack.
You will also be able to use Survey data to target Product Tours and Launchers, via an additional segmentation filter when creating a target audience. This can be powerful to connect user responses for other in-product experiences.