Why is sending user data useful?
Adding user data makes Chameleon more powerful. It enables you to:
- Define the target audience for a tour
- Personalize content within a step
- Enable better URL matching
- Conduct analysis based on user types
Using data for targeting
Sending Chameleon more data will provide you a richer set of targeting options, to help deliver the most relevant and engaging product tours to your users.
How to send data to Chameleon
There are a two ways to send data to Chameleon:
- Via our integrations, (e.g. Segment.com or other data-source integrations)
- Sending manually / directly via our API
Data via integrations
If you already use Segment that is the best way to send data to Chameleon. You can enable our Segment integration and Chameleon will automatically receive all the user data you already collect. You can then use this as part of defining your custom segments.
Data via our API
You can also send data (user properties or events) via our API. To learn more about this please visit the following articles:
You only need to do this once, so gather the list of user data you are interested in using for segmentation and ask your developers to send it all!