Chameleon's Slack integration allows you to receive Microsurvey responses directly in your Slack channels, allowing you to more easily see, share, and discuss the responses with your teammates.
This integration enables Slack to be a Data Destination, allowing you to send Chameleon Surveys data to Slack.
From the integration configuration page, you will be able to:
- Connect to your Slack account using the OAuth flow.
- Manage the different Microsurvey response Feeds.
Setting up a new feed
Feeds are essentially the pipelines you can set-up to transfer data from Chameleon to Slack. You can configure multiple feeds according to your needs; for example, to send different survey data to different Slack channels.
A new feed can be configured from the Add Feed button, under Configure Microsurvey response feeds to Slack channels. Here, you will be prompted to:
- Select a name for the feed.
- List all the Microsurveys you want the feed to listen to.
- Indicate to which Slack channel the responses should be sent.
When adding a new feed, you can test the connection to the indicated Slack channel by pressing the Send Test button. This will trigger a test message to your Slack channel.
When a user completes a Survey, the following information will be sent to your Slack account in the Channel indicated:
- User email (if it is being sent to Chameleon)
- Survey name
- Survey question
- User response
- User comments (if an input step is enabled)
- URL where the Survey was submitted
Interacting with the users
You can click on the user email address to directly email this user. We encourage doing this to:
- Thank the user for their feedback or insights
- Ask clarifications
- Schedule a follow-up conversation
It's important for users to know their feedback is being read and used by a real person, so any personal touches you can apply will encourage users to continue to give you feedback.
Analyzing the Microsurvey responses
You can always view and download all your user responses within the Chameleon Dashboard.
Clicking the name of the Survey in the Slack message you will be taken directly to the Dashboard page for that specific Survey.
Note: Microsurvey responses -- except the text comments -- will also be automatically sent to any 'Data destination' integrations enabled (e.g. analytics tools).