With Chameleon's FullStory integration, you can quickly see how users interact with and respond to product tours within FullStory. To learn about FullStory visit our integration page.
This integration enables FullStory to be a Data Destination -- you can send Chameleon data to FullStory. This includes events such as Started Tour, Completed Survey, Button clicked etc. For a full-list of events Chameleon collects and sends, see this article.
Some ways that customers can best leverage this integration:
- Sense check Product Tours; see if they are triggered at the right time for users and that the interactions are easy to understand
- Explore how Chameleon Experiences look and behave for different users (e.g. in different languages or different systems / devices)
- Investigate poor performing Tours, for example by reviewing when users exit or dismiss a step. Maybe it's interrupting a key workflow?
- Look at what a user did prior to submitting a satisfaction survey (to better learn what made them happy / unhappy)
- Investigate how users change behaviors when A/B testing a Tour; compare users in the Test group with users in the Control group
- Share recordings of Chameleon Experiences with others on the team to invite feedback or suggestions for improvements
The FullStory integration can be enabled with a single click. Simply visit the Integrations section within the Chameleon Editor, select FullStory and then hit: "Connect to FullStory".
This will automatically begin sending data to your FullStory account. This works by using the existing FullStory code on your website, and so data will only be sent on pages where the FullStory script is present and working.
FullStory allows you to watch session playbacks on your site, and so you'll be able to see your users engage with the tours you have built like below:
In addition you'll be able to search for Chameleon tour events and then see a list of sessions that included these events.
This following events will be sent by Chameleon:
- Started Tour (Chameleon)
- Completed Tour (Chameleon)
- Exited Tour (Chameleon)
- Step Seen (Chameleon) -- by request, to avoid flooding you with events.
Event properties sent as part of these events include the Tour name, URL and others (e.g. Step number) where relevant.
You can use FullStory's Omnisearch for searching for any events, and even construct custom funnels with a combination of these events. To learn more about FullStory's searching capabilities, read this FullStory help article.
Issues we have encountered include:
- Connect to FullStory is not available. This could happen if FullStory is not detected on your site. If you believe FullStory is correctly installed then please review how to best get help.