Tooltips are designed to provide in-flow information in a non-intrusive manner, based on a push or pull interaction from your end-users. There are, essentially, two ways to build tooltips with Chameleon:
- Using the Tours product
- Using the Tooltips product
Tooltips are essentially single-step Tours that are anchored to a specific element and give more insight about a specific feature when triggered by your users.
To create a tooltip using Tours, you will need to:
- Create a single-step Tour.
- Define the step to be anchored relative to an element.
- Add a pointer from the Add content menu.
- Add an on-page trigger from the Actions menu, which can be either be click or hover.
- Set the Tour to show immediately after completed or exited, so that the tooltip will always be available for end-users to interact with.
The Tooltips product allows you to quickly build simple Tooltips. It is designed for fast iterations and to allow you to easily create single-steps, with hover or click triggering while avoiding all the additional configuration options that come with building Tours.
Note: The above video displays an outdated version of Chameleon's interface. It has been replaced to give our users a more intuitive and pleasing experience. We will soon create new videos to showcase our new UI 🙂