One of the first things you may want to do with Chameleon is to set the default styling of your Experiences, such that when you create any new Experience, it will automatically be according to your brand.
Set your brand defaults
You will be prompted to set all your default styles during the onboarding, and you can do this again from the Home View:
This will automatically configure all your Styling options and make it easy to get started. Here are three useful tips for achieving design consistency:
- Choose a bright primary color
- Contrast the background and text colors
- Make sure your font input exactly matches the font on your page
Adjust the styling
From the Styling section, you can also adjust different styling components individually, either as the default for your account, or to apply to a particular Tour.
Here you can set your defaults:
- Font - Adjust the fonts used in your Experiences. Chameleon pulls these from the fonts loading on your page
- Colors - Adjust the colors for your text, backgrounds, buttons, etc.
- CSS - Use custom CSS to achieve a more detailed styling and apply it to all Experiences, any particular Experience, or a specific step.
💡 Tip - To avoid confusion between your tour and your interface for new users (or those not totally familiar with your product) you should consider using contrasting/complementary colors for tours, to help them stand out.
Note: Once you make any changes, ensure you select where to apply these changes (from the dropdown) and hit "Save & Apply". If applying to exist Live Experiences, these will be marked as "Edited" so you can review and then click "Apply Edits" in each Experience to deploy the changes.