Note: this product is in limited beta. If you are an existing customer and would like access please email us now.
Chameleon Surveys enable you to collect in-product feedback from your users, without requiring any additional coding or engineering time.
In a similar fashion to Tours, you can create on-brand surveys, with custom questions, triggered at the right time to your target audience. All the data collected will be available to you via the Chameleon dashboard, API, CSV and analytics integrations.
Surveys can include up to three different steps:
- Survey step (question with button response)
- Response step (optional step where a user can leave free-form text feedback; the question and placeholder text can be altered based on which button user clicked in the Survey step)
- Thank you step (optional thank you message that displays briefly)
You can easily add these steps from the sidebar or the topbar when editing your Survey.
Survey types and components
Surveys are created in a similar fashion to Tours, but come in different 'Types' (e.g. NPS, CSAT, CES, two option etc.). This enables the reporting to be customized (e.g. NPS requires different analysis than CSAT) and provides customization options for the specific type.
When editing the Survey, click on the buttons to see specific configuration options (e.g. CES has a choice of emojis, numbers, text).
Differences to Tours
Surveys do not require all of the components available for Tours and have therefore been simplified (e.g. no media configuration options for Surveys)
How to create a survey
To create a Survey you must have access to the Surveys product, and if so, you'll find the star icon in your Chameleon sidebar:
After clicking the Surveys icon, you'll see your list of existing surveys and also the option to add a 'New survey'. Upon clicking that, you'll be presented with the Survey 'Types' that you can choose.
Once you select your 'Type' then you can click 'Configure' to go into the Survey step and customize your copy, feedback component and design.
The default design for the Survey will use the Account Styling that you have (and you can adjust this by clicking the Styling icon (paintbrush) in the bottom of your navigation bar).
Types of Surveys
The following are the Survey Types available:
- Net Promoter Score (NPS): with 0-10 feedback.
- Customer Effort Score (CES): with options of emojis, 1-5 or Easy-Difficult choices
- Customer Satisfaction (CSAT): with options of Very Dissatisfied to Very Satisfied choices
- Two-option, Three-option, Five-option: ability to customize two buttons and trigger independent actions (e.g. load a page, update data, start tour etc.) with each button
- Input only (coming soon): ask a question and collect text responses
Learn more about the different Survey types here.
Data and Insights
User responses to Surveys along with analytics around the display and completion of Surveys will automatically be collected and available in the Chameleon dashboard, via API, via CSV download and also directly to analytics integrations. Learn more about this here.
You will also be able to use Survey data to target Product Tours and Launchers, via an additional segmentation filter when creating a target audience. This can be powerful to connect user responses for other in-product experiences. Read more about that here.