The Chameleon Launchers product is a way to provide self-serve help and information to users to help them discover new functionality and unblock themselves at their convenience.
A Launcher provides an in-product menu of Tours, Links, Surveys, and Scripts. You can create many different Launchers, configured by use case, target audience, and style.
Launchers are great in empowering users to learn more about your product in an interactive and contextual manner, without contacting support or having to necessarily read docs.
Research shows that providing self-serve or on-demand help to users leads to an increase in customer satisfaction and reduced churn.
You can create multiple different Launchers for different pages, use cases, or target audiences, for example:
Onboarding / Setup Checklist
Great for new users (e.g. those that were created within a recent period, or those that haven't completed a key activation event, or those on the free plan/trial, etc.) to help them progress through the primary actions to find value and complete setup.
Feature Updates Center
Show a list of the most recent product improvements/releases and let users learn interactively about these changes. Much more effective in driving feature adoption than linking to blog posts, and can be fully managed without any engineering!
Show a more extensive list of tours for key workflows or FAQs for a particular page or part of your product. Users can search for help and learn with a product tour; more effective than reading help documentation, and will deflect support tickets.
Page tips and tricks
Help users get deeper on a particular page or feature by providing a contextual menu of tips on how to succeed. This could even include educating users on best practices.
You can customize the Launcher to be on brand, and select what to include in the menu. The components available include:
- Widget: the target for a user to open the menu. This can be an icon placed in your product, or a native element on a page (e.g. a menu item in your nav).
- Menu: this is the window that contains the list of Tours, Links, and Surveys that a user can take. You can configure this to be a checklist format, include a search bar, edit the title, etc.
- Items: You can choose to include Chameleon Tours (only live Tours, with Manual delivery, will be available), URLs, Chameleon Surveys, and JS Code Scripts.
- Targeting: you can set the Launcher to show to a specific group of users, akin to the audience targeting for a tour. You can create different Launchers for different groups of users.
- Availability: you can set specific domains or URLs on which you don't want the Launcher to display.
- Analytics: performance data for your Launchers will soon be available within your Chameleon dashboard.
- API: You can use our Launchers API to open or close the menu (without a widget), and (soon) extract performance data. Learn more about the Launcher API here.
Sit back and enjoy this pre-recorded video of why we built Launchers, how it works, and where you can use it.