A step is the individual prompt or user experience that is shown as part of a Chameleon Product Tour.
A tour can consist of a single step (e.g. for an ad-hoc notification), or be multi-step (e.g. as part of a tutorial flow). We recommend keeping tours to 3-4 steps at a maximum to avoid fatiguing and overwhelming users.
You can build steps from within the Tour View:
Step configuration options
Once you "Create new step" you will be taken to the Step Editor, which appears as a purple 'topbar', with all the step-related options and menus.
From the left, the menu options are:
- Step number: you can navigate to a different step in the same tour or create a new step here.
- Trigger: configure when the step should show (which page / URL and whether any user actions are required)
- Focus: set the position of the step on the page and add a highlight / shadow
- Content: change the step size, style and add components such as the progress indicator or media (video / image / gif)
- Interact: set how the user should interact with the step, including how a user should move to the next step, buttons and their actions and dismiss options
On the right-hand side you can toggle on the Preview mode to see how your steps will look and behave for end users, or return to the Tour View in the Sidebar, to edit other Tour-level options (such as targeting).
Steps are triggered in the order that they are listed. You can drag steps to reorder them according to your preference.
Later steps do not trigger without the previous step being completed. Example: Step 2 will not trigger unless Step 1 is completed.
If you have any questions or issues please review how to best get help.