With Chameleon's Hubspot integration, you can make Chameleon tours part of your Hubspot growth stack. To learn about Hubspot visit our integration page.
The Hubspot integration includes two components:
- Data Destination -- send Chameleon tour data to Hubspot (to help target and personalize your sales and marketing campaigns)
- Data Source -- get Hubspot Marketing smart lists data into Chameleon (for targeting tours)
- Launcher item -- open Hubspot Live Chat widget from a Chameleon Launcher. Read more here.
The Hubspot integration is very quick to setup - do so from within the Chameleon Editor, within the Integrations section. Simply hit "Connect to Hubspot".
This will launch the Hubspot OAuth flow and if you are not already logged-in, then you will have to do so.
Once you're logged in, if you have multiple accounts within Hubspot, you'll be asked to select which account to connect. Currently our integration only supports a single Hubspot account.
Once you complete this, you should then be redirected back to the page you left with the Chameleon Editor, and your integration will show as connected.
Hubspot as a Data Destination
Chameleon will automatically send tour performance data, for each user, to Hubspot. You can view this within Hubspot, as part of your events within Hubspot Marketing.
Note: this is part of the Hubspot Enterprise subscription.
This includes the following events:
- Started Tour (Chameleon)
- Completed Tour (Chameleon)
- Exited Tour (Chameleon)
- Step Seen (Chameleon) -- by request, to avoid flooding you with events.
- Previewed Tour (Chameleon) -- for admins only
Event properties sent as part of these events include the Tour name, URL and others (e.g. Step number) where relevant.
Hubspot as a Data Source
You can use Hubspot as a source of user data to help with targeting Chameleon tours, using smart lists, based on other data about your contacts within Hubspot.
Hubspot smart lists are dynamic groups of users within Hubspot (changing based on attribute and event conditions).
For example, you could define lists such as:
- New leads from a recent marketing announcement
- Enterprise accounts in trial
- Inactive but recently viewed pricing page
Once you have connected Hubspot, your lists will appear within the Hubspot filter when creating or editing a segment within the Chameleon Editor.
You can set up these segments using all the events and user attributes available within Intercom.
Note: Lists are updated on a daily basis, but you can manually update these by hitting the refresh icon adjacent to the Hubspot lists dropdown field, or from within the Integration view.
Common troublshooting issues we encounter include:
- Not seeing Hubspot within the list of filters. This could happen if this integration is not available for your plan. Please contact us for more info.
If you have any questions or issues please review how to best get help.