Add an image (.jpeg, .png, or .gif) to a tour step by clicking on 'Media' in the 'Content' section. The image will display in the Modal based on the original file's dimensions.
Resizing an image
The ideal image dimensions for modals are 296px high by 710px wide. To crop your image to this proportion, you can resize as follows:
Mac: using Preview
- Choose Tools > Adjust Size
- Select Pixels from the unit dropdown menu.
- Enter new values for height (296px) and width (710px). Note: see below on how to maintain proportions.
- Click Ok to save.
- To ensure that the image keeps its original proportions, make sure “Scale proportionally” is checked. If you change either the width or height, the other value changes to maintain the proportions.
- To make the image’s dimensions smaller without losing any detail, deselect “Resample image” before changing the width or height.
- To resize multiple images at the same time, display the images in the same window, select them in that window’s sidebar, and then choose Tools > Adjust Size.
Windows 10: using Photo Gallery
- Open Photo Gallery.
- Select the photos you want to resize, and then on the Edit tab, in the Properties group, click Resize.
- Click the Select a size list, and then select a size for your photos. For a custom size, in the Maximum dimensions box, enter the maximum width you want your photos to be.
- Click Resize and save.
Windows 10: using Paint
- Start Paint and Open the image you want to resize.
- On the Home tab, in the Image group, click Resize.
- To resize the picture so it's a specific size, click Pixels, and then enter a new width in the Horizontal box or new height in the Vertical box.
- Click the Paint button, then Save.
To add a video to a Modal, enter the URL from the site where your video is hosted into the Embed Video section of the editor.