Segment is an API manager that allows you to easily turn on or off third-party code snippets in their applications. To use Segment, you first install the Segment code directly on your product and then use their dashboard to manage other third-party integrations, such as Chameleon.
Note: You must be using Segment's JS library for Chameleon to function when installed via Segment.com.
When using Segment to install Chameleon on your product:
- Chameleon is only installed on sites/pages where Segment is installed.
- Chameleon features will only appear on pages where Segment's identify method is called.
- In addition to installing the Chameleon code, Segment sends user data to Chameleon. You can leverage this to target experiences to specific users.
- Chameleon also sends data (e.g. about your experiences' performance) back to Segment, which you can use in other services connected to Segment. You can leverage this to coordinate all your user communication and view all product data in one place.
We highly recommend installing Chameleon through Segment. It makes it much more powerful and can help your tech stack function more synchronously.
Installing with Segment
Note: To access the installation page, you need to have joined a Chameleon paid plan, you can start off with a free trial.
If your product has over 10k MAUs, speak with us! We can provide you a tailored plan and pricing package.
Installing with Segment is easier than ever! Once your Segment account is set-up and you have it installed on your product, go over to the installation page and follow these steps:
- Select the Segment installation method and copy the provided Token.
- Add a new destination to Segment, using the Token copied from the Chameleon Dashboard.
Upon completing the above, Chameleon is installed on your application through Segment and data is flowing!
If you have any questions regarding this procedure, let us know! We are users and fans of Segment ourselves and definitely welcome customers who also use it! 😎